After her praised debut in La Boheme ascMusetta at The Norwegian National Opera and as the winner of the international competition of Kammeroper Schloss Rheinsberg in Berlin the following year, the Swedish soprano Cecilia Lindwall has been working professionally in Germany, Norway, Denmark and Sweden as a most reputable Concert and Opera Singer.
In april 2016 she sang Madama Butterfly with Selandia Symfoni Orchestra and the part of Sylva in Die Czardas fürstin in Copenhagen with Operettekompagniet in the seasons 2015/17 in Denmark.
In September 2017 she will sing the part of Tatjana in Tjajkovskijs Eugen Onegin in Copenhagen with the Selandia Symphony Orchestra and in 2018 she sang the leading part of Anne Nihal in the new danish Opera Den Rejsende at the Danish Royal Operahouse, Takkelloftet.
in 2020 she will ad the part of Puccinis Tosca to her repertoire and Strauss Vier letzte Lieder.
She was a regular part of the soloist ensemble at the Staatstheater Braunschweig in 2002-2007 where she has interpreted more than 15 operaroles as a lyrch soprano.
Her voice and stage presence has brought her to the most important theaters in Germany such as The Deutsche Oper in Berlin where she sang the soprano part in Carmina Burana in the staging of Götz Friederich.
She has been working with conducters such as Christian Thielemann, Heribert Beissler, Franscesco Corti and Manfred Rosenberg.
Cecilia Lindwall has been awarded scholarship from Ruud-Wallenberg in Norway and Neustadt Meistersingerkurs in Germany.
She sings the Soprano Solo on a CD-recording of Mahlers 2 symfoni,with teh Orchestra and choire of Staatstheater Braunschweig and Jonas Alber as conductur and the press writes --Mit strahlende Höhe intonierte die Sopranistin Cecilia Lindwall die vehmente Siegesgewissheit der Erlösten, die endgültige Bezwingung von Schmerz und Tod.
German Television recorded the Elblandfestspiele Wittenberg were she sings with Rene Kollo and the Deutsches Filmorchester Babelsberg wich was transmitted in the German Tevision.
Cecilia Lindwall is trained at The Norwegian State Accademy of Music and The State Accademy of Opera in Oslo, Norway, with Ingrid Bjoner and Mirjana Dancuo as her teachers and she attended Masterclasses with Brigit Fassbender, Håkan Hagegård and Gregory Lamar.
Besides opera she frequently sings in concerts and oratories such as Dvoraks: Stabat Mater, Beethoven 9, Mahler 2, Handels: Messiah , Brahms: Ein Deutsches Requiem, Mendelsohn: Paulus and Mozarts Requiem.
Her opera roles includes parts like: Fiordiligi in Cosi fan tutte, Mimi in La Boheme, Liu in Turandot, Micaëla in Carmen, Violetta in La Traviata , Agathe in Der Freischütz, Tatiana in Eugen Onegin, Margerite in Faust and Butterfly.
Adina (L’elisire d’amore)
Maria di Rohan (Maria di Rohan)
1 Nymphe (Rusalka)
|Leoncavallo||Nedda (Il Pagliacci)|
Fiordiligi (Cosi fan tutte)
Contessa (Le Nozze di Figaro)
Pamina (Der Zauberflöte)
1 Dame (Der Zauberflöte)
Vitellia (La clemenza di Tito)
Donna Elvira (Don Giovanni)
Zerlina (Don Giovanni)
|Offenbach||Antonia (Hoffmans erzählung)|
Mimi (La Boheme)
Lauretta (Gianni Schicchi)
|Strauss||Marianne Leitmetzerin (Der Rosenkavalier)|
|Ullmann||Bubikopf (Der Kaiser von Atlantis)|
Violetta (La Traviata)
Agathe (Der Freischütz)
|Schubert||G major Mass|
Orchestral- and chambermusic:
|Berg||Sieben Frühe Lieder|
|Baxther||Respice in me|
Flickan kom ifrån sin älsklings möte
Var det en dröm
Säf säf susa
Vier lezte lieder
Micaëla, in Carmen at Malmö Opera, 2012.
- Micaëla, the young girlfriend from Don Joses hometown, is thrillingly beautiful sung- but also strong and powerfull by the soprano Cecilia Lindwall (Arbetet Kultur 2012)
- …Cecilia Lindwall´s excellent Micaela. (DN kultur 2012)
Lentulo, Rheinsberg. Debut in Germany.
- …especialy the women makes your ears melt,and above everyone stands Cecilia Lindwall as Lentulo. Her big aria ”Parto qual navigante” is the show stoper that evening, here she let the affections of the Barockmusic come to its fullfillment,when she let the coloratur burst out in angst and feelings of a sailer in a storm at the seas. Perfectly on pitch ,rythem exact and with a great sence of taste in the ornamentation, she sets the technicaly standard the evenings…(Der Tagesspiegel, Berlin 2001).
Operagala with Deutscheoper and Christian Thielemann.
- Cecilia Lindwall sang her Rusalka with a heartbraking and convincing kolorit ,as had she lerned it from Dvorak in person how he would like his Ruslaka to sound. (Der Tagesspiegel,Berlin 2002).
Operagala in Nordfjordeid.- a miracle of a soprano-
- Her Tosca, Musetta, Lauretta and Cio-cio san was a marvel to see and hear. The wonderful voice,now matured to more dramatic,but still essential lyric soprano voice,and with her acting skills,and a great sense of humor and dramatic poignancy. A miracle of a soprano.(operaduetstravel 2004)
Lloyd Webber Requiem in Braunschweig.
- ..der grandiose Sopranistin Cecilia Lindwall, mit wunderbaren konsistenten Höhe das Geschehen überstrahlte.. (Braunschweigerzeitung Augusti 2004).
Dvoraks stabat Mater in Braunschweiger Dom.
- ..the most beautiful voice,admiering radiant in the high register, never forced, sweat and with empahatischer Versöhnungskraft..(Dvoraks Stabat Mater). (Braunschweigerzeitung november 2005)
Mahler 2 in Königslutter Dom, and CD recording.
- Mit strahlende Höhe intonierte die Sopranistin Cecilia Lindwall die vehmente Siegesgewissheit der Erlösten,die endgültige Bezwingung von Schmerz und Tod.(Mahler 2) (Braunschweigerzeitung september 2006).
La Traviata i Norway, Ringsakeroperaen.
- Success-again. Great passion and emotions. La Traviata made its premier for standing ovations yeasterday. The leading part, Cecilia Lindwall, is radiant on stage, both musicaly as visuelly. It's a great responsibility to carry the performance the way as she must this evening, but she pasts the test. (HA,november 2007)
La Traviata, Kristiansunds operafestival.
- A La Traviata to be fasinated of. Lindwall maneged to give Violetta temperatur and passion. She has a beautiful and big sounding voice (Tidens Krav februari 2008)
Operagalakoncert with Ålesunds Symfoniorkester, Norway.
- She has got everyting that it takes to be a Diva of first class. Beautiful with a great personality and a wonderful soprano voice which gets the hold on you. (Sunmörsposten, Norge januari 2008)